1. A food processor- Large processors are great for making sauces (like hummus) or pureeing veggies for hidden nutritional punch. I also use them to make energy bars, chop nuts, shred cheese, the list goes on. The small processors are also really handy for when you don’t want to make a 12 cups of pureed spinach.
2. Popsicle molds- I know it’s hard to think about popsicles in the middle of winter, but then again in Tucson it’s never too cold for a popsicle. Regardless, these will make your summer snacking healthier and more creative.
3. Metal cookie cutter assortment- So this might not be the coolest present on its own (you got me cookie cutters…gee, thanks) but it would make an excellent stocking stuffer. Plus they can be used for so much more than cookies, like fruit, breads, gelatin, etc. The metal ones are better than the plastic because you can use them directly on a hot surface, simply put them on the griddle and fill with pancake batter or a eggs. It’s a great way to get a creative with your kids and get them more excited about a piece of cantaloupe.
4. Kung Fu Panda Bento- Personally I don’t see how anything wouldn’t taste better when you’re eating it out of this cute Panda.
5. Klean Kanteen- Kids need some refreshments with their snacks, why not try a BPA free, leak proof, looks like you’re backpacking the Rockies, kanteen. An added bonus is that they come with a sippy cup adapter for the healthy snacking toddler.
I hope that these give you some great snacking gift ideas. Maybe this year Santa could use a little fresh fruit as opposed to cookies for a midnight snack, even Saint Nick needs a little more fruits and vegetables this time of year. With kids the World over leaving hims cookies, it might be a nice change. Happy Holidays, and for those of you that celebrate Hanukah I hope that you enjoyed the festivities this year!